Las Vegas Trip Report: December 30, 2008 – Day Nineteen of Twenty One

Note:  This is an older Las Vegas trip report that I am posting for the entertainment of Las Vegas addicts and anyone else who loves fun.  It was written back in 2008.  Most of this information is now outdated and some places mentioned no longer exist.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 – Day Nineteen of Twenty One

I can’t believe I go home the day after tomorrow.

I had a very deep sleep last night and woke up at 9:45 AM at Sahara. I think yesterday wore me out. I go downstairs for breakfast, stopping at nickel Double Double Bonus video poker. I hit sixes:


Breakfast is at the Caravan Café at the Sahara. I got Eggs Benedict.  The service here as quick as Fitzgeralds is slow, which means it’s very excellent.  I pay for breakfast  with points and then go back out.

Degenerate Gambler strikes again and I go back to the room with $5 left.  Why I bothered to stop without losing that last $5, I’ll never know. I try to nap but housekeeping calls to ask if I want my room made up. No, I wanted it made up before I checked into it, but you left a ball gag in my room.  I don’t say this.

I take a shower and get dressed.  As I’m getting ready to leave, I find $20 in my bag.  Woo I am up to $25!

Back downstairs.  $5 in Invaders From the Planet Moolah gets me $54.40. I cash out up at $65.   Just like that, I went from owning $5 to owning $85.

I head for the Deuce bus to go downtown. I am going to use my El Cortez 2x point multiplier coupon from a mailer and then go see Marley and Me.  As I’m on the bus I realize I don’t have my coupon with me.  Idiot.  I get off the bus and Fremont street is closed because of police activity. I found out later that night while watching the news that someone had left some suitcases unattended so someone called it in as a suspicious package and they were checking for bombs.

Fremont Street Las Vegas - Closed for bomb scare

I went to see Marley and Me at Neonopolis. I left before Marley died. I knew he was going to die and I knew I’d burst into tears so I just HAD to go. There were zero children in my theater.  There was an older man alone behind me and he was “awwwww”ing away at how cute Marley was and he started to sniffle when Marley got taken to the doggie hospital. That’s when I made a break for it. Even though I didn’t see Marley die, I know he did. I know it’s just a movie but I cannot handle dogs dying.

After leaving the movie theater, I made my way back to the Sahara and take a break in my room.  The hallway smells like Cheech and Chong were visiting.  There is also a woman with a Boston Terrier who has a cute little sweater on. I don’t think he was allowed to be there.

I go back down with the $20 I found in my bag earlier this morning, thinking I’d be right back up. Nope. That $20 kept me going for HOURS. I wrote “Moolah Moolah Moolah” in my notes.  Double Bouble Bonus video poker gave me sixes and threes. Came back to the room with $40. I doubled my budget!  I might not have if some man would not get off my Invaders From the Planet Moolah machine. Thank you kind sir.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

CommentLuv badge